A Chrysler extended warranty offers protection up to 8 years/150,000 miles of coverage after the 3-year/36,000-miles bumper-to-bumper warranty expires.
Featured Extended Warranty Companies
We reviewed the best extended auto warranty providers, and here are our top picks.
Best Overall Warranty Provider
On Our Partner’s Website(866) 990-3410
Or Call Our Partner Directly
Affordable Monthly Payment
On Our Partner’s Website(877) 265-5123
Or Call Our Partner Directly
Best Warranty Provider for Used Cars
On Our Partner’s Website(866) 950-7122
Or Call Our Partner Directly
- An extended car warranty’s cost-effectiveness depends on a few different factors.
- The Chrysler extended warranty includes two coverage options: Maximum Care and Added Care Plus.
- Compare your Chrysler extended warranty options with plans from a few top-rated independent warranty companies.
Affiliate disclosure: Automoblog and its partners may be compensated when you purchase the products in this article.
You may have considered buying a Chrysler extended warranty if you’re looking for added peace of mind when on the road. But is the extra coverage worth it? Our review team has analyzed Chrysler extended warranty plans, and in this article, we’ll discuss coverage options, costs, and compare it against other leading providers.
If you’re looking for an extended warranty plan for your Chrysler vehicle, we recommend you consider other third-party options as well. We’ve thoroughly researched the aftermarket warranty industry and ranked the best extended car warranty providers currently available. We recommend reaching out to a few of our top picks for free, non-committal quotes.
Chrysler Extended Warranty Plans
Your Chrysler is protected from mechanical breakdowns with the Chrysler extended warranty after the initial factory warranty expires. Chrysler offers two protection plans for new and pre-owned vehicles: Maximum Care and Added Care Plus. The plans are provided through Mopar®, the parts manufacturer and customer care division for all Fiat Chrysler (FCA) brands, which includes Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Fiat, Ram, and Alfa Romeo.
Below is a high-level overview of Chrysler’s extended warranty plans:
- Eligibility: Both Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans are only available for FCA vehicles still covered under the manufacturer’s original five-year/60,000-mile powertrain warranty. The service contract must be purchased within the first three years or 36,000 miles of the vehicle’s in-service date.
- Coverage Terms: These vehicle service contracts have eight-year/125,000-mile (Maximum Care) and eight-year/150,000-mile (Added Care Plus) term limits.
- Covered Repairs: For both of the Chrysler extended warranty coverage options, contract holders can receive service for covered repairs at any FCA dealership nationwide. These vehicle service contracts also guarantee repair services are performed by factory-trained technicians using genuine Mopar parts.
- Transferability: Both Chrysler extended car warranties may be transferable under certain conditions.
- Financing: Mopar Vehicle Protection Plans can be rolled into the cost of your vehicle’s financing when purchasing your new car.
Chrysler Extended Warranty Coverage
A Chrysler extended warranty helps protect your vehicle after a mechanical breakdown by paying for vehicle repair and labor costs. Because Chrysler’s plans provide powertrain coverage at a minimum, most major repairs are covered. Coverage lasts up to eight years or 150,000 miles.
Chrysler Extended Warranty Plans
Chrysler offers two coverage plans that provide thorough vehicle protection. You can get standard powertrain coverage with Mopar Added Care Plus or get complete bumper-to-bumper protection with Mopar Maximum Care.While Chrysler’s factory warranty is helpful for new car owners, many Chrysler owners seek additional coverage before their factory warranty expires. Chrysler manufactures some of the nicest vehicles on the road, such as the Chrysler 300, but the J.D. Power 2023 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study ranks the company’s vehicles below average in terms of reliability.
|Chrysler Extended Warranty||Coverage Terms|
|Mopar Added Care Plus||5 years/60,000 miles to 8 years/150,000 miles|
|Mopar Maximum Care||Up to 8 years/125,000 miles|
The sections below provide a more comprehensive description of Chrysler’s extended warranty plans.
Chrysler Added Care Plus Warranty
The Mopar Added Care Plus warranty protects over 800 major components, including the powertrain, mechanical systems, and more. This vehicle service contract allows you to choose your coverage period, adding somewhere between 5 years/60,000 miles of coverage to a maximum of 8 years/150,000 total miles.
In addition, the Added Care Plus plan also outlines a few unique coverages – Power Group, Luxury Group, and Mopar Accessories. These will likely be covered under the Maximum Care plan as well, but you’ll need to check your contract to be sure. Below, we’ve outlined what each of these coverages includes.
|Added Care Plus Chrysler|
Extended Warranty Coverage
|Power Group||Rear window defroster, power window motors, power window flex track, power antenna, power seat motors, power door locks and linkage (excluding latch assembly), power sliding rear window, motor and regulator (trucks)|
|Luxury Group||Keyless entry receiver/module, trip computer, message center, overhead electronic vehicle information center, overhead electronic compass/temperature, torque converter, power sunroof motor, convertible top motor, electric mirror motor and controls, cruise control servo, headlight door motor, concealed headlamp module|
|Mopar Accessories||Audio systems (including compact disc), Sirius satellite radio, speed control, EVS (security systems), clocks, remote trunk release, transmission oil cooler, remote control outside mirrors, power sliding rear windows (trucks), MoparConnect|
Chrysler Maximum Care Warranty
The Maximum Care warranty offered by Mopar covers 5,000 components for up to 8 years/150,000 total miles. This plan is very comprehensive, covering almost everything in your vehicle.
Here’s an overview of the systems covered by both Mopar contracts:
- Air conditioning
- Anti-lock brakes
- Engine cooling and fuel
- Front and rear suspension
- Rear-wheel and front-wheel drive
- All-wheel drive and four-wheel drive
Chrysler Roadside Assistance (And Other Benefits)
Both Chrysler extended warranty plans include a few additional perks. Here’s an overview:
|Chrysler Extended Warranty Benefits||Benefit Amount||Benefit Description|
|Rental car reimbursement||$35 per day, up to $175 per occurrence||Covers a car rental or taxi fare when your Chrysleris in the shop for a covered repair|
|24-hour roadside assistance||$100 per occurrence||Includes towing, flat-tire changes, battery jump-starts,fuel deliveries, and lockout help|
|Key fob repair/replacement||$600 total||Includes up to three key fob replacements or repairs|
|Trip interruption reimbursement||$1,000 total||Includes lodging, meals, and car rental costs if a mechanical breakdown occurs more than 100 miles from your home|
In addition, the company also allows you to choose a deductible of $0, $100, or $200. The higher your deductible, the lower your monthly payments and vice versa.
Chrysler Extended Warranty Transfer
If the Chrysler you currently own has a previous owner, you can find out the pre-owned coverage from Mopar. After an inspection of your vehicle, you can get protection for up to 10 model years prior to the current model year. Coverage varies based on the existing warranty, and not all plans are transferable.
Chrysler Extended Warranty Exclusions
While Mopar doesn’t list its exclusions online and does not have accessible sample contracts, most extended car warranties don’t cover:
- Tires and wheels
- Wear-and-tear parts
- Aesthetic damages like paint chips
- Routine maintenance parts or services
- Damages resulting from accidents or collisions
- Damages resulting from environmental factors, like floods or acid rain
Also, as mentioned above, covered repair service can only be performed at an FCA dealership. This may be a limiting factor depending on how close your nearest dealership is.
Chrysler Extended Warranty Cost
The cost of a Chrysler extended warranty depends on several factors, including the mileage, age, and model of your vehicle. For example, an extended warranty for a new Chrysler 300 will cost much less than an extended warranty for an old Chrysler with over 90,000 miles.
The cost of a Chrysler extended warranty also depends on whether it is purchased through a Chrysler dealership or through a third-party provider. Typically, extended warranty plans purchased at the dealership range between $1,500 to $2,500 depending on the model, warranty coverage length, and deductible.
Chrysler Extended Warranty Prices
Based on data from FactoryWarrantyList.com, a Chrysler extended warranty costs $3,440 with a $100 deductible. This cost reflects an eight-year/100,000-mile term limit under the Maximum Care coverage plan. However, it did not list what vehicle model, age, or mileage this plan covered.
Chrysler Extended Warranty Deductible
The Chrysler extended warranty offers $0, $100, and $200 deductibles, which can affect your overall coverage cost as well. Usually, a longer contract leads to more costly coverage, so keep this in mind when reaching out to Mopar for a quote.
Is Chrysler Extended Warranty Worth It?
There are several factors you will want to consider when deciding whether a Chrysler extended warranty is worth it. These include your current factory warranty coverage, the reliability rating of the manufacturer, and out-of-pocket repair costs. In the sections below, we’ll explain each of these factors in depth.
Chrysler Factory Warranty
Every new Chrysler comes with a factory warranty called the Chrysler Basic Limited Warranty that covers the vehicle for a specified number of years and miles. Compared to industry averages, Chrysler’s bumper-to-bumper New Vehicle Limited Warranty is standard. And if your factory warranty is still valid, you may not want to purchase Chrysler’s extended warranty coverage yet.
Chrysler’s Basic Limited Warranty contains the following individual warranties, which we’ll cover in more detail below:
- Basic coverage: 3 years/36,000 miles
- Powertrain coverage: 5 years/60,000 miles (engine, drive system, transmission)
- High voltage battery pack (for the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid): 10 years/100,000 miles and 10 years/150,00 miles in California and other zero-emission vehicle regulation states
- Roadside assistance: 5 years/100,000 miles
- Emissions warranty: 2 years/24,000 miles. However, the powertrain control module and catalytic converter(s) are covered for 8 years/80,000 miles.
If you purchased a CPO Chrysler, your vehicle is covered by a seven-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty, which begins at the vehicle’s in-service date. Regarding your bumper-to-bumper protection, Chrysler CPOs are covered by the remaining New Vehicle Limited Warranty or for three months/3,000 miles if the original warranty has expired.
Chrysler Basic Warranty
Chrysler’s basic warranty includes bumper-to-bumper coverage, which essentially means covering the most important components from one end of the car to the other. As mentioned above, the plan covers new vehicles for three years/36,000 miles and helps protect owners from paying out-of-pocket costs to repair or replace defects due to workmanship or materials used.
Chrysler Powertrain Warranty
Chrysler’s Powertrain Warranty is its most robust coverage as it protects the engine, transmission, front-wheel drive, all-wheel drive, four-wheel drive, and related parts. It lasts five years/60,000 miles and is transferable to new owners within the coverage period.
Chrysler Rust Warranty
The Rust Warranty offered by Chrysler protects vehicles against defects in materials or workmanship resulting in rust perforation of the vehicle body for five years/unlimited mileage. Certain exclusions apply, such as cosmetic or surface corrosion resulting from stone chips or scratches, and sheet metal panels are only covered for three years/unlimited mileage.
Chrysler Roadside Assistance
All new Chrysler vehicles come with roadside assistance coverage, lasting five years/60,000 miles. With this benefit, drivers can contact Chrysler for the following services:
- Towing to the nearest dealership
- Flat tire service
- Gas delivery
- Battery jump assistance
- Lockout services
Is Chrysler Reliable?
A Chrysler extended warranty’s cost-effectiveness depends on the driver. For drivers with a highly reliable Chrysler who have little stress about paying for repairs outright, an extended car warranty may not be worth the financial investment. However, vehicle reliability varies between brand models. Below, we’ll go over Chrysler’s overall reliability based on data from RepairPal.
|Overall Reliability Score||3.5 out of 5.0||—|
|Average Annual Repair Cost||$608||$652|
|Repair Frequency||0.3 times per year||0.4 times per year|
Based on these numbers, it may be worth it to reach out to Mopar for a quote on a Chrysler extended warranty.
Chrysler Repair Costs
While it’s unlikely that your Chrysler will sustain a server repair, it’s not impossible. You should also consider your ability to pay for out-of-pocket repairs or build up an overall auto repair budget.
To help you decide whether a Chrysler extended warranty is worth it for your vehicle, our editorial team researched common vehicle problems and gathered average repair prices, according to RepairPal.
|Chrysler 200||TPMS Sensor Replacement||$232-$267|
|Chrysler Pacifica||Trailing Arm Replacement||$252-282|
|Chrysler Sebring||Starter Replacement||$334-$420|
|Chrysler 300||Radiator Fan Motor Replacement||$615-$634|
|Chrysler 300||Exhaust Muffler Replacement||$2,030-$2,050|
Chrysler Extended Warranty Reviews
One of the biggest reasons drivers purchase a new vehicle is for reliability and the factory warranty that comes with it. To ensure your Chrysler runs long-term, an extended warranty can be a smart decision as it will help pay for any covered repair stemming from a mechanical breakdown.
With Chrysler extended warranties, you can purchase them directly from a dealership or through a reputable third-party warranty company. We recommend getting a minimum of three quotes from extended warranty providers to find the best plan for your vehicle and budget.
Chrysler Aftermarket Warranty
While Mopar is one option for purchasing a Chrysler extended warranty, it’s not the only option. An extended warranty purchased from Chrysler will generally cost more than an extended warranty from a reputable third-party provider due to Chrysler’s greater brand recognition. An advantage of purchasing an extended warranty directly from Chrysler is that you will get Chrysler replacement parts whenever a repair is needed.
You can also get extended coverage for your vehicle through an independent warranty provider. Reputable extended car warranty companies offer a few benefits over their manufacturer counterparts, including:
- You can choose from up to six coverage plan options to ensure you’re getting the best-extended warranty for your vehicle, needs, and budget.
- You can have your car serviced at dealerships as well as thousands of other licensed repair facilities nationwide rather than only at a dealership.
- You can opt for a longer term limit, as some of our top providers offer term limits up to 15 years or 250,000 miles, depending on the company you choose.
Chrysler Extended Warranty Companies
In our research, we found that CARCHEX and Endurance offer more affordable plans with better coverage than Chrysler. These companies both beat Chrysler on four extended warranty comparison categories: maximum length of coverage, number of coverage plans, repair network, and accessibility.
Chrysler Extended Warranties vs. Third-Party
|Provider||Maximum Length of Coverage||Number of Coverage Plans||Repair Network||How to Get a Quote|
|Chrysler||8 years/150,000 miles||2||Only Chrysler dealerships||Have to call dealership for quote|
|CARCHEX||10 years/150,000 miles||5||Any licensed repair facility||Free, customized quote online|
|Endurance||8 years/200,000+ miles||6||ASE-Certified® repair facilities||Free, customized quote online|
Chrysler Extended Warranties: Conclusion
The Chrysler extended warranty is a good option to protect your vehicle for years to come. Anytime you shop for coverage, we also encourage you to take a look at plans from third-party providers.
Chrysler Competitors: Recommended Providers
Endurance and CARCHEX top our list of extended warranty companies based on company reputation, coverage, price, customer service and transparency. Read more about our picks below.
Endurance: Best Overall
Endurance is our No. 1 pick for extended car warranty coverage in the industry. Rather than acting as a contract broker, the company administers all contracts itself, which means it works directly with customers during both the quotes and claims process, no middleman required.
Here are a few Endurance highlights:
- Contracts are available in every state except California.
- You can choose from five coverage plans with term limits up to eight years from your coverage start date or a total of 200,000 miles.
- Endurance provides sample contracts online for customers to get more information before even speaking with a sales representative.
- Endurance has the best benefits package in the industry, offering identity theft protection, tire replacements and more for your first year of coverage.
- Endurance holds a “Great” rating based on its Trustpilot customer reviews. It also received a 3.5-star customer review rating based on 1,700 customer reviews. Both of these averages are high compared to other extended warranty providers we reviewed.
- Inc. magazine ranked Endurance as one of the fastest growing companies in the U.S. in 2019, and the company also received a 2019 Stevie Award as a “Great Employer” for its impressive employee benefits.
Read our full Endurance warranty review to learn more, or click below to get a free quote from the provider.
CARCHEX: Best for Used Cars
Finding coverage for older, high-mileage cars can be hard, but CARCHEX is a reputable choice for drivers with these types of vehicles. The provider sells plans in every U.S. state and is backed by industry experts like Kelley Blue Book, CARFAX, and Edmunds.com.
Here’s an overview of CARCHEX:
- You can choose from five coverage plans.
- The provider can cover cars up to 20 years old.
- CARCHEX is one of the oldest providers in the industry, having been in business for over 20 years.
- CARCHEX partners with many significant organizations in the automotive industry, including Kelley Blue Book, CARFAX, and Edmunds.com.
- CARCHEX has been featured by national media outlets such as ABC, Fox News, CBS, NBC, and PBS as an industry expert in consumer automotive protection.
- You can look through CARCHEX sample contracts to learn the ins and outs of its coverage plans before signing on the dotted line.
Read our CARCHEX review for more information, and click below to get a free quote from the provider.
Chrysler Factory Extended Warranty: FAQ
Below are frequently asked questions about Chrysler extended warranties:
How much is a Chrysler extended warranty?
According to our research, most Chrysler extended warranties cost around $3,500 with a $100 deductible. This cost is for the manufacturer’s more robust plan, Mopar Maximum Care. The final cost of your Chrysler extended warranty will depend on several factors, like the length of your vehicle service contract and the coverage level you choose.
What extended warranty does Chrysler offer?
Our research shows that Chrysler offers two different extended car warranties that can cover up to 8 years/150,000 once the initial factory warranty expires at 3 years/36,000 miles.
Can I extend my Chrysler warranty?
Yes, you can extend your initial Chrysler factory warranty with one of the two extended warranties offered by the manufacturer. However, the extended vehicle service contract must be purchased within the first three years or 36,000 miles of the vehicle’s in-service date.
How long is the Chrysler extended warranty?
Mopar Vehicle Protection is offered with a wide variety of time and mileage limits. Plans can last for a total of 8 years or 150,000 miles.
Is an extended warranty ever a good idea?
Purchasing an extended warranty can be worth it if your car is not reliable and you don’t want to pay thousands of dollars in out-of-pocket repairs. An extended car warranty pays for covered repairs if your vehicle has a mechanical breakdown or there are defects due to workmanship.
Our expert review team takes satisfaction in providing accurate and unbiased information. We identified the following rating categories based on consumer survey data and conducted extensive research to formulate rankings of the best extended auto warranty providers.
- Affordability: A variety of factors influence cost, so it can be difficult to compare quotes between providers. Our team performs ongoing secret shopper analyses for different vehicles, mileages, warranty plans, and locations to give this rating.
- Coverage: Because each consumer has unique needs, it’s essential that a car warranty company offers an array of coverage options. We take into account the number of plans offered by each provider, term limits, exclusions, and additional benefits.
- Industry Standing: Our team considers Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings, availability, and years in business when giving this score.
- Customer Service: Reputable extended car warranty companies operate with a certain degree of care for consumers. We take into account customer reviews, BBB complaints, and the responsiveness of the customer service team.