Affiliate disclosure: Automoblog and its partners may be compensated when you purchase the products below.
Available at dealerships and directly to consumers across the United States, CarSure warranty products promise to provide peace of mind on the road and assist customers with expensive car repairs.
A quality extended warranty company provides comprehensive and reliable coverage at a low price. The worst extended warranty companies charge high rates for coverage that is difficult to use. Which type of warranty is CarSure?
Our researchers have collected information about the best extended car warranty companies in the industry. We look at plan information, customer reviews, and quotes. Read this review to see how a CarSure warranty compares with other options. Start examining your own cost options by requesting free quotes from some of our top recommended providers.
Featured Extended Warranty Companies
We reviewed the best extended auto warranty providers, and here are our top picks.
Best Overall Provider
On Our Partner’s Website(866) 990-3410
Or Call Our Partner Directly
Affordable Monthly Payment
On Our Partner’s Website(877) 265-5123
Or Call Our Partner Directly
Best Provider for Used Cars
On Our Partner’s Website(866) 950-7122
Or Call Our Partner Directly
CarSure Extended Warranty: What You Need to Know
CarSure is a division of Innovative Aftermarket Systems (IAS), a finance and insurance company founded in 1984. Along with selling self-administered plans, CarSure also offers vehicle service contracts on behalf of partners such as American Auto Shield, American Colonial Administration, Interstate, and Royal Administration.
CarSure Extended Warranty Coverage
A CarSure warranty pays for the cost of repairs or replacements for specified components. There are four levels of coverage: Powertrain, Comprehensive, Exclusionary, and Ultimate. Coverage term limits vary depending on your administrator.
Components covered by each CarSure warranty level are detailed below.
|Tires and Wheels||✓|
The coverage offered by each CarSure warranty plan is typical for extended car warranties. However, tire and wheel protection is not something that is usually included with extended warranty contracts.
All CarSure contracts including towing, 24-hour roadside assistance, and rental car reimbursement benefits.
CarSure Warranty Exclusions
Some parts and services not covered by a CarSure warranty include:
- Wiper blades
- Routine maintenance
- Brake pads and shoes
- Damaged caused by an accident, theft, or act of nature
These exclusions are common among most protection plans and vehicle service contracts.
CarSure Extended Warranty Cost
To see how much a CarSure warranty costs, we reached for a quote for Ultimate coverage on a 2017 Honda Civic with 30,000 miles and were offered a total price of $2,891. Here are the details of our offer:
- Coverage level: Ultimate
- Coverage period: 4 years or 100,000 miles
- Cost: $152 per month for 18 months
- Down payment: $155
- Total cost: $2,891
- Cost per year of coverage: $722.75
Our review team has collected quotes from dozens of car warranty providers. Similar coverage typically costs less than $625 per year of coverage. This indicates that CarSure warranty contracts are on the expensive side.
However, extended warranty contract prices, as well as coverage and eligibility, vary widely depending on the type of car you drive. Vehicle age and mileage also play a big role in determining the final cost, as do your location and the coverage level you choose.
CarSure Warranty Reviews
CarSure Warranty does not have its own Better Business Bureau (BBB) profile, but there are complaints about the company posted to the VSC Marketing Group BBB page, which lists CarSure as an alternative business name.
VSC Marketing Group has a C+ BBB rating and an alert on its profile warning customers about shady business practices including:
- Failing to issue refunds
- Failing to cancel policies
- Excessive claims denials
- Using misleading advertising
- Overall poor customer service
These patterns, along with a low customer satisfaction rating of 1.2 out of 5.0 stars, are concerning.
CarSure’s parent company, Innovative Aftermarket Systems (IAS), shines a slightly more positive light on the company. It is accredited by the BBB and holds a B+ rating.
However, the IAS BBB page still has mixed customer reviews. Some customers complain about claims denial and difficulty contacting the claims department. Other customers have reported quick claims servicing and helpful customer service staff.
How Do CarSure Warranties Work?
If you have a CarSure warranty contract, take the following steps after you experience a mechanical breakdown:
- Contact your plan administrator at the number listed on your contract.
- Take your vehicle to a licensed repair shop.
- Your repair shop will perform an inspection service.
- The shop will contact your administrator to determine whether the repairs are approved or denied.
- If your claim is approved, your administrator will pay the facility directly for parts and labor associated with covered repairs.
- You’ll pay your deductible to the repair shop.
CarSure warranty contracts can be canceled within 45 days. You can also transfer your CarSure warranty extended service protection if you sell your vehicle before coverage expires.
Final Thoughts: CarSure Extended Warranty
CarSure contracts are more expensive than other options, but plans are comprehensive and include tire and wheel coverage that is usually only available as an add-on service. However, the company’s reported history of concerning business practices leads us to believe you’ll be better off purchasing coverage from one of the industry’s more reputable extended car warranty companies.
Our Top Picks for Extended Car Coverage
Before purchasing extended car warranty coverage, it’s always a good idea to shop around and compare quotes from a few reputable companies. Two of our highest-rated providers are Endurance and CARCHEX. Learn more about each company and start getting free, personalized quotes below.
Endurance: Best Overall
Endurance offers some of the most comprehensive coverage options on the market. The six Endurance plans are as follows:
- Supreme: Provides exclusionary bumper-to-bumper coverage for most mechanical and electrical parts
- Superior: Provides named-component coverage for hundreds of listed parts including everything in the lower-tier Secure Plus plan as well as the cooling system, suspension, and fuel system
- Secure Plus: Covers everything in the lower-tier Secure plan as well as coverage for the air conditioning, brake components, and steering
- Secure: Covers parts of the engine, transmission, and drivetrain
- Select Premier: Covers most powertrain components and is designed for high-mileage vehicles
- EnduranceAdvantageTM: Combines prepaid maintenance and repair coverage
You can read more about this provider’s plans, prices, and industry reputation in our full Endurance warranty review, and get a free quote from Endurance below.
CARCHEX: Best for Used Cars
CARCHEX also offers comprehensive contract options with good plans for older, high-mileage vehicles. CARCHEX has five levels of coverage to choose from:
- Titanium: Provides exclusionary bumper-to-bumper coverage that includes emissions components and the navigation system
- Platinum: Covers everything in the lower-tier Gold plan plus the suspension, high-tech electronics, and fuel delivery system
- Gold: Covers everything in the lower-tier Silver plan as well as the braking system and full coverage for steering, electrical, and air conditioning components
- Silver: Includes the powertrain and limited electric, air conditioning, and steering components
- Bronze: Provides basic coverage for the engine and transmission
CARCHEX reviews are largely positive. The company has an A+ BBB rating and a score of 3.3 out of 5.0 on Trustpilot (based on over 1,400 reviews). To reach out to CARCHEX for a personalized quote, click below.
Our expert review team takes satisfaction in providing accurate and unbiased information. We identified the following rating categories based on consumer survey data and conducted extensive research to formulate rankings of the best extended auto warranty providers.
- Affordability: A variety of factors influence cost, so it can be difficult to compare quotes between providers. Our team performs ongoing secret shopper analyses for different vehicles, mileages, warranty plans, and locations to give this rating.
- Coverage: Because each consumer has unique needs, it’s essential that a car warranty company offers an array of coverage options. We take into account the number of plans offered by each provider, term limits, exclusions, and additional benefits.
- Industry Standing: Our team considers Better Business Bureau (BBB) ratings, availability, and years in business when giving this score.
- Customer Service: Reputable extended car warranty companies operate with a certain degree of care for consumers. We take into account customer reviews, BBB complaints, and the responsiveness of the customer service team.