Alright, so I’m a bit of a geek. I just love when a cool new product shows up that combines cars and some of my favorite movies.
In this case, ThinkGeek.com just released a new 1/12 scale replica of the Delorean DMC-12 from Back to the Future – including lights, moving parts, and sound effects. Awesome!
Check it out:
Originally manufactured in northern Ireland, the DeLorean DMC-12 had gull-wing doors and totally sweet brushed stainless steel paneling. Sadly, it was the only car the DeLorean Motor Company ever produced, so that’s why you don’t hear it being called the DMC-12. Our DeLorean is a 1/12th size replica of the one used in the Back to the Future movies, including fully-detailed moving parts, lights, and sound effects. Act out your very own time travel adventures, and please, no matter how hot she was back in the day, don’t flirt with your mom
- 1/12th scale replica of the iconic DeLorean time machine from Back to the Future
- Lights, sound effects, and fully-detailed moving parts
- Be careful not to get it to 88 miles per hour and whatever you do, don’t flirt with your mom
- Fun fact: John DeLorean was 6’4″ tall – that’s probably why the car has gull-wing doors!
- Size: 14″ long (do the math and you’ll know how long a real DeLorean is!)
Sound effects include:
- First time travel
- Car trouble
- Revving up and winding down
- Opening door
- Rev up and peel out
- Engine start-up
- Return from time travel
- Screeching halt
- Time circuit engaged
- No power