Nissan GT-R Pricing Announced

Nissan GT-R

Nissan finally announced the official price for the long-awaited GT-R – it starts at $69,850 in the United States and will go on sale in June 2008.

The GT-R is surprisingly fast, keeping up with the big dogs in the supercar game. It lapped the Nurburgring’s Nordschleife only one second behind the Koenigsegg CCR, and two seconds behind the Pagani Zonda F. The official lap time was 7 minutes 39 seconds, which is ahead of the Porsche 911 Turbo, Corvette Z06, and the Mercedes SLR McLaren – amazing for a $70,000 car sporting a 3.8L twin-turbo V6.

Categories:: Nissan

Comments (6)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. VinayM says:

As a Canadian, 70 grand American sounds like a steal of a deal, especially for a car that can go head on with a 997 Turbo. I phoned a Nissan dealership here to inquire about Canadian Skyline GT-R pricing. The number I was given: 95K! One other note – what about all the drivers who don't like paddles??

2. Egon says:

Hi Vinay, thanks for the comment. I agree, $70K is a steal for the car considering it's performance and features. I can't think of a better car for the money, personally. How about order a GT-R down here in the states and next time you're down here you can pick it up! I'll do you a favor and hold on to it until you make it down :)

3. VinayM says:

Hehe how generous Egon.. Do you think these cars will be selling for a premium on Ebay the first 6 months they are out??? I hope I get to drive one soon.. somehow!

4. Egon says:

Nissan already has over 2200 pre-orders for the car, which way exceeds their expectations. I don't think they're going to be able to keep up with demand (at least at first,) so I definitely see these going for a premium second-hand. For 6 months? It's up to Nissan. They have the ability to manufacture enough pretty quickly, but if I were Nissan I would keep supply just a tad low until demand started to dwindle.

5. Frank says:

Love this car, but, I have to say, every time I see it…the grill area immediately makes me think of the Mitsubishi Evolution.

6. Shaun says:

Thats a pretty good price for the new GT-R i would say. I wonder what UK drivers would have to shell out? I'll bet you our price is no where near as appealing, sadly.