Last week I mentioned we were going to Hot Import Nights in Minneapolis, MN. It was an interesting event to say the least, with a bunch of hot cars and even hotter models. Unfortunately, the lighting in the Convention Center was terrible, so it was really hard to take many good pictures. I did what I could to fix them up, so go take a look at the gallery below for all the photos (some of them are NSFW.)
All-in-all, the show was fun. We met some cool people, saw the local tuner cars (as well as a couple exotics,) watched some gorgeous go-go dancers and other models, saw some local performers and DJs, and watched some of the other various performances such as break-dancers and a really lame wanna-be version of the 8-Mile Eminem insult rap-off.
Frankly, the show didn’t live up to the expectations I had for it. I’ve seen a lot of reviews for Hot Import Nights, but it wasn’t as cool as they say. It could just be the show in Minneapolis though; I could imagine the Miami and LA shows being a lot more exciting. A lot of the cars were just OK or even boring. Where was the Veilside RX7 used as the Hot Import Nights model car? On the plus side, there were still some really cool ones too. The 1000+ rear-wheel horsepower Toyota Supra was amazing, the Lamborghini Murcielago and Aston Martin V8 Vantage were two of the exotics, and the matching pearl yellow twin-turbo Mitsubishi 3000GT VR4s were beautiful; especially with the elegant geisha women modeling with them.
The results for the competition are as follows:
- Hottest Female Ride – Cindy Scott – Ford Lightning
- Hottest Team Participation – WR Team
- Hottest Club/Team Representation – 2nd place WR Team
- Hottest Club/Team Representation – Europrojectz
- Hottest Team Overall – WR Team
- Best of Show Mild – Kiet Hong – Acura RSX
- Best of Show Wild – Paul Tolson – Lexus GS
- Elite Runner Up – Matt Lenart – Nissan Sentra
- Best of Show Radical – Pete Colello – Toyota Celica
- Best of Show Performance – Ryan Ramnarain – Lexus IS300
Congratulation to all the winners, you deserve it! If anybody has any good pictures that they took and want displayed here, please let me know and I’ll post them up.
There’s a gallery preview below, but be sure to check out the Full HIN Photo Gallery
2007 Hot Import Nights Photo Gallery Preview: